|An interview with John Campbell: Creator of DesignBump|
Today I had the chance to get an interview of the man behind DesignBump: John Campbell. He'll tell us some background information about this upcoming and growing website.
1. First: Thank you for taking the time of this interview. Tell us a little about yourself. Who are you and what did you do?
Hey Marco, first let me say that you have a great website and I am honored to be interviewed by you.
My name is John Campbell and I am the creator behind DesignBump.com. I am a self taught designer, web developer, and entrepreneur.
2. Your website, DesignBump, reminds me about Digg and DesignFloat. Why did you make DesignBump when they existed?
I think Digg and DesignFloat are both great sites that have a lot to offer the design community. I am hoping to do something more with DesignBump and offer the community some features I haven't yet seen in one place.
3. I assume that you love design, otherwise you wouldn't have created DesignBump. What do you think is the best part of design and motivated you to create DesignBump?
I love the integration of design and the Internet. People now have the ability to express themselves in ways that weren't possible before.
As a self taught designer, I was motivated to create DesignBump so that others can share and learn from those who might have more to offer.
4. What are your plans for the future? Any functionality you want to add to your site (soon)?
Right now I am concentrating on spreading the word about DesignBump and growing the user base. Plans for the immediate future include adding: forums, galleries and showcases, and more personalized profile pages.
I hope the end result to be a place where designers come to share news, showcase their work, and talk about everything that is important to them.
5. What are your personal 5 favorite sites on the web?
Wow. It is hard to nail it down to 5 sites; there are so many great places on the web. I have been heavily influenced by socially powered media sites like Digg and Reddit and I probably spend too much time there! Flickr has always been a source of great inspiration to me along with PSDTUTS.
And I can't narrow down all the great design blogs I visit everyday to just a few. Tough question.
6. Thanks for this interview. Do you have some final thoughts you want to share with the readers of Marcofolio.net?
Thank you for the interview. I just want to invite everyone to come and check out DesignBump and feel free to contact me with any feedback or suggestions.
I want to make this the community's site and I am always open to improvements.
Tags: interview john campball designbump
Interested in this topic? You might enjoy another article I've written called
|< Prev||Next >|
|Or try the sitemap|